Monday 17 April 2017

Monday April 17 2017

Hi,

thanks to all of you who have followed this journal over the last couple of weeks. I hope it has been useful and informative, especially to those of you who have instruments with me for repair, and were concerned (understandably!) about their status. I'm working through it all and will be in contact with you all over the next week or so. If you have a guitar with me and still haven't called, please do.

It's been a stressful time for everyone in Lismore, some folk have lost an awful lot. The next few months are going to be a time for us all to support each other as the town (and indeed the entire region) gets back to how it was/is. Seeing how the Lismore CBD has responded should make us all very positive.

The Book Warehouse on Keen Street will re-open on Thursday! Can't tell you how happy I was to see THAT sign! Dallas Bryant's Mattress shop is open again - after the flood that was one of the shops that people mentioned as being completely wrecked (Dallas is a customer of mine and a very splendid chap). Great to see the shop open so quickly. I'm hoping that the wonderful little Thai Food Shop on Woodlark, just up from the Gollan, will re-open. I've always been a bit of a fan of Thai food and that little shop had (has!) the best chicken satay on the planet. BWS at Central is open again - thank god!

And my little shop is open again. I worked over Easter and I'm almost up-to-date with the weekly repairs (the longer-term ones have been set back a bit). Please bear with me as I get the whole cranky machine back up to speed!

My dear, eccentric landlord, who loves the old building like a child, did have insurance, and consequently there will be a short period at sometime in the (hopefully) not-too-distant future that I will have to close my shop while they renovate. I'll keep you all posted, either via this journal or via the 'phone message-bank thingy. We'll work the short-term repairs around that, and an enforced break from shop-hours will enable me to make progress on the longer-term restoration work etc.

OK. Keep well y'all.

I'll post another update in a day or so.

Andrew