Thursday 1 June 2017

OPEN AGAIN!

Hi folks,

yes, that's the good news - I am open again. Phew. My usual hours: 1.00pm - 5.00pm Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

The slightly bad news is that the renovations are still ongoing, and I won't be able to move all of my stock, tools and parts back for a little while yet. I'm basically coming into town each day with a station-wagon load of stuff.

Good news is that you will be able to drop off and collect your guitar-repairs just like in the good-old-days (BTF). Yay!

Other slightly bad news is that I probably won't be able to do on the spot repairs until I have everything back in place (although I did do one today). Most of my parts are still in storage, but I do have a small assortment of switched and jack sockets at the shop, so I will be able to do quick soldering jobs. I'll also have a mobile tool case and a selection of strings and things, so I may be able to do some stuff. Otherwise you can book them in as usual.

One of my regular customers (Ewan) said an interesting thing to me today. He said, "they say moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do - you've been doing it every few days for the last month". Yup, that just about sums it up!

But the light at the end of the tunnel is growing (slowly) brighter.

That "slowly" is becoming a matter of some concern. I mentioned in the previous post that the builders were great. They were. This week they have done much less than I'd hoped. Frankly, two guys could knock this job over in two or three days. Lisa renovated our spare room quicker than this, all by herself (while I was fixing guitars). So tomorrow I'm giving them an ultimatum - finish it over the weekend or I'll get Lisa to do it!

Seriously, I can't wait to get my funny little guitar shop back in order so that we can all forget that this whole thing ever happened.

My income has taken a bit of a hit while I've been dancing the open-closed-open-again two-step, I've pretty well exhausted my modest savings (and just spent most of what's left on a couple of parts orders to stock up on essentials), and the phantom government flood assistance grant is nothing of the sort, so there may be a few guitars for sale at bargain prices when I get back open properly!

So. Please drop by, call, email, or send carrier pigeons - I am back in place and all is (almost) well in the world of Andrew Knight Guitars.

Thanks for all your support, good vibes, and patience,

Andrew